You Will Learn:
- An understanding of Meridian-based Yoga Therapy and how it works
- The specific yoga corrective exercises for the top 20 issues being faced by children /teens today
COURSE # 2: ISSUES 11-20
- ADHD Part II
- Downs Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Mental Health Issues
- Intellectual Disability
- Hearing/Visual Impairment
- Physical Disabilities
- Eating Disorders
In these 2 day courses, you will also learn the 7 following elements:
- The distinct class format that will work best
- The specific Yoga Therapy corrective exercises for each issue
- The best breathing techniques for each issue
- The keys to an effective relaxation
- How to create engagement and connection
- To alter how you give instructions so they can be understood and followed
- How to deal with each condition on a physical, mental and emotional level
- How to deliver a full yoga class using yoga therapy and how to bring it all together
The number of children with physical, cognitive and/or emotional needs are growing and the tools to impact their lives have never been more important than they are today. Meridian-based Yoga therapy offers a way for you to connect and impact the lives of these children and teens in a way that nothing else can. You can make a profound difference in their lives and gain a feeling of fulfilment for yourself that will be hard to match.
You will be providing them with:
- A solution
- Increased levels of focus & concentration
- A stronger sense of self
- An ability to access calm and stillness within
- Tools to deal with emotional upsets (self-calming)
- Flexibility to adapt to change
- Cope with social situations: improved ability to be and connect with others
- A stronger sense of self & self-awareness
- A relief from the “busyness” inside their heads
By the end of the course, you will be able to deliver a class for students with any of these needs as well as have the ability to work with students that have these conditions in your classes.
Who will benefit from this course:
Yoga teachers, school teachers, parents, family members, daycare workers, health professionals and anyone who works with or wants to make a difference in the lives of special needs children & teens.
“Our daughter finds doing yoga poses and breathing techniques a very helpful way of calming herself in times of distress and as a way of remaining in a calm state more often. She is becoming better at self calming rather than allowing her anxiety to take over and become “out of control”. I believe having a set of helpful skills such as those gained through yoga can help our daughter throughout her lifetime.
Thank you Loraine!” – Jonelle (mother)
The Zenergy Yoga program at Fisher Road School has had a very positive impact on our students and staff. Not only have all the students and staff loved participating in the Zenergy Yoga program, but it has also provided many health benefits, such as the following: improved flexibility, better muscle strength, improved posture, lower stress levels, increased happiness, improved coordination, improved balance and better proprioceptive skills. Thank you Loraine and Zenergy Yoga for the difference you have made. – Nicholas Stevenson (Principal).